1) How do I pay for TI21 professional development courses?
Complete the pre-enrollment form to select your course(s); you will then be directed to the payment page to pay by credit card.
What if my institution will be paying for my courses?
Either use an institutional credit card when you enroll or pay with your personal credit card and submit a receipt to be reimbursed by your institution.
2) What are the requirements for the Certificate in College Teaching?
- CT 901 Seminar in College Teaching (2 credits)
- Three electives of your choice (1 credit each)
- CT 902 Practicum in College Teaching (1 credit)
Total = 6 credits
(All courses carry graduate credit offered through Worcester State University.)
3) What course should I take first?
CT 901 Seminar in College Teaching
When are Certificate courses offered?
Courses are offered on a rotating basis year-round, during fall, spring and summer terms. (Not all electives are offered every year. Check the course schedule for each semester’s offerings.)
4) How are the Certificate courses offered?
Courses are offered in a variety of formats depending upon the course and the semester. Options include:
- Hybrid Format: class meetings and online classes combined throughout the course
- Fully online: all course work is completed asynchronously online; no class meetings
Check the course schedule for the format of each course.
5) What is the cost of the Certificate Program?
- Internal rate = $265/credit (for current students, faculty and staff from select institutions: WSU, Clark U, WPI)
- External rate = $499/credit (all others)
- Fees per semester = $200 registration fee
6) How long does it take to complete the entire Certificate?
That depends on how many courses you take each term. If you take 2 courses per term, it is possible to complete the entire Certificate in 12 months.